Monday, April 11, 2011

The Scavenger Hunt


Heritage Park in Terrace has old buildings!
I’m sure everyone knows Barb McCracken by now: the lady who invited all the students in Ft. St. John and area to the regular Strawberry Jam at the Lido to practice low-light performance photography.


Well, Barb has offered us another great idea: a photographic scavenger hunt. 

Here are some of the “objects” we could include:

Around here the skunk cabbage says "spring."


  • a photo that says “spring”
  • an evening or morning photo that uses the light of our new longer days
  • a creative shot of an old building in your town/area
  • a low-light shot of your town center / farm / lake (etc.)
  • one portrait of a local character

Now, I don’t have any way to provide a prize, AND I am not getting sucked into comparing one creative image with another! 

BUT maybe we can agree to provide express permission from all of us in the course to all of those who complete the hunt to indulge themselves however they wish on a Friday evening!  (Ahem, within the limits of the law and relationships with significant others)

An iconic "Terrace" scene: Ferry Island
As additional benefit, and as always, this special project could be used for credit in the course.

I’ll give this message until the end of the week.

Then we will vote on the best five items and the hunt will be on!

Reply here to the blog with your fresh ideas!

6 comments:

  1. We could do one shot using the theme of 'Mud'; that's something that's extremely common in the spring around here! Plus it would be fun to do! (thinking of who I will push into some mud for a photoshoot... haha just kidding, maybe..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Barb, I am in :)I will try to get a picture of Paul as the town character! lol So are you deciding what to include by this Friday, April 15th? How long do we have to get it all in?? Looking forward to the answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa -- I'll warn Paul to get his curmudgeonly face on!

    As for deciding the hunt objects, I was thinking I'd take all the suggestions then put them into a google docs on-line poll and poll the class: rank order the five top.

    Don't worry about mud in the Peace -- I hear you're getting fresh snow to cover it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah I heard about that. Now there's a good example of typical spring weather in the Peace Country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so are we going to do this or what :) lol I think I just really want to see spring and if I have to go out to catch it in film, I will feel like it is here :)

    ReplyDelete